Dive shop cancelled, now witholding refund

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I checked out yucatandivetrek, but no link to booking Terms & Conditions anywhere on their website (not indexed by Google).
That's dodgy to begin with.

Xtcdivecenter seems to process payments through peek.com (Terms of Service) which already looks less dodgy.

Hi everyone, hoping this post is allowed. Last summer I was due to dive with a company in Mexico who cancelled the entire trip last minute, and still haven't refunded me the money, despite confirming they would do so in full, in a number of messages. They are now ignoring all communication. I'm at a loss for what to do and am owed several thousand pounds. Is anyone able to offer any advice? I've also emailed PADI (who certify the dive shop who did nothing) and Profeco in Mexico but they have also not replied. Any help greatly appreciated!!
I always pay with PayPal. If something like this happens (it did to me with Wetpixel) you get your money and the cancelling agency has no recourse. Saved me about $9000.

What has Girls that Scuba had to say about this?
They were super helpful initially and contacted the dive shop I believe (as well as removing them from the site) - which did prompt the initial "good will payment" but that was now several months ago and they are unable to do anything more to help get the final refund sorted

sad situation.
it is a good example of why most people would use a credit card with fraud protection or a service like paypal as mentioned above so you have some protection.
sorry this happened.
is it possible they refunded the 20% and expected you to still show up for the other parts of the excursion that were still avail?

sad situation.
it is a good example of why most people would use a credit card with fraud protection or a service like paypal as mentioned above so you have some protection.
sorry this happened.
is it possible they refunded the 20% and expected you to still show up for the other parts of the excursion that were still avail?
Not at all - they confirmed in writing that it was all cancelled and they would provide a full refund. Repeatedly since they've been in contact re-confirming that they are sorting out the funds and will refund me, but have now stopped responding to communication and still no sign of the money.

that really sucks. i hope, at least, you got back your airfare. on top of potentially losing the money, it sounds like that would have been a pretty cool experience.

either way, bad accounting on their part and pretty lame customer service. they should at least just be forthright about spending your money on something other than your trip.

I was diving with XTC in Xcalak in December. They were pretty much operating and the instructor even advertised the croc tour to us.

But I‘d imagine buisness down there get’s tougher any second as the reefs were in terrible conditions. Almost everything dead and covered in algae. Saw some dugongs though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom