Cuba Travel cancelled by US government

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:shakehead:

Shouldn't have been unexpected.

Please, let's not let this thread get political. It's intended to inform those that have already got bookings and those that had been making plans.

If it gets political in here, the thread will disappear or at the very least, be banished to the Pub.

Thank you all.

I am very glad that I had the chance to make the trip to Cuba in January this year. A week in Havana, then a week at Gardens of the Queen for amazing diving. Probably the best that the Caribbean has left with more sharks and big grouper than I've seen in the region.

I hope that travel and exchange normalize again as the best way to achieve mutually agreeable partnerships is to actually spend time together.

I know there are folks that head down to Cuba for liveaboards and trips to dive...I wonder how this will impact them with trips, etc., and cancellation coverage if so insured for it.
Those who have already purchased accommodations or flights are grandfathered in.

I guess it seems like DAN will go back to not being able to insure dives in Cuba. Originally PADI Canada and DAN insurance were not allowed to insure dives in Cuba. Then DAN was able to years later. We'll see what happens...

If you happen to go to Cuba, just ask them not to stamp your passport.

Looks loke we'll have to fly to Mexico or Canada and use the paper visa on a seperate sheet of paper, before traveling on to Cuba.
I'm afraid that civil disobedience is the only honorable way to go.

Michael

Back
Top Bottom