Cuba Veradero in Dec need dive operator advise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caribean-ted

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi gang, hope everyone had a great dive summer, was too short.
Anyways, ive booked my trip for dec for Cuba, Veradero, staying at the Riu.
Im looking for some good dive operators that will take me to some great dive sites.
Ive dove comfortably to 160ft in Ocho Rios last March and im looking forward to some nice wrecks, reefs with great colors and fish life.
I would also like to try some caves while there although I have no cave experience I hear they are very wide open caves.
Looking for locations to dive and operators to use while im there. I only have 7 days there so nothing too far away, still need my beach time. :)

ended up using baracuda dive club
they were pretty good dive locations were good but took long time to getbtoo. well worth the wait though

Thought I would give a report. The Riu Veradero was nice, unfortunately they dont know how to make a decent bathroom, I stayed in the adult section, shower drain was useless as the water passed around it and under the door onto the floor, had an indoor pool first night. LOL Also they have drain problems with the toilet, took a lot of flushes to get mine to work and it leaked from the drain underneath. Nice eh.
The diving was arranged through the hotel using Baracuda dive operator. They were pretty good, except they make a lot of stops to pick up guests from other hotels, around 30 in all I think. Everyone was nice though. They kept the groups together pretty good, they expect you to know how to dive though. They kept the experienced together and not so experienced together also. Dive master for each group of 4-5.

Bay of pigs was awsome, lots of fish life, the coral wall was beautiful, very colorful
Veradero was pretty good also, good fish life, the wreck there was pretty cool also.
Theres also an underwater cave at the bay of pigs for those who are certified in this area.

I would defintately go back to do it again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom