Culasi divers hurt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thankfully, both divers lived to tell their story.

I do not know them....
As the story goes, the diver ignited something in the ship. They are cutting the ship apart and an errant flame/spark ignited something in the ship......or so the story goes. The whole thing is a mes really. The lack of safety is beyond frightening.

Last edited:
There's not enough details in the newspaper article to determine the underlining cause of this accident, that's not surprising. None the less, the deliberate and intentional salvaging of the Archipelagos underwater artificial reefs is a shame, (thats the issue) scrap metal for quick profit in someones pocket's, what else is new.

It's always about the "BUCKS". I am more concerned about the damage caused by the salvage operation. I have heard several stories about the bunker oil (fuel) leaking out and polluting the area.......we'll see when I dive the site in December.

As I just returned from Malalison, the 3 Divers are well, get out of the hospital after 3 days and they are back to work. The Salvage operation will be finished by November 15...
I did not see any damages from oil !!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom