Culeba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deepdiver104

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Has anyone ever dove in Vieques, or Culeba, in Puerto Rico. Any feed back, places to stay, dive shops, sites?

Deepdiver104:
Has anyone ever dove in Vieques, or Culeba, in Puerto Rico. Any feed back, places to stay, dive shops, sites?

I will be diving Vieques in August. I will let you know how it went and the names of the dive shops. I will be diving with out them. I did dive the Wall outside La Parguerra, It was better than all the dives that i have done in Ohau, HI (All my dives has been in there) beside the wrecks.

Ruben1011

Deepdiver104:

I reccomend Diving Parguerra if you come to puerto Rico. I don't know if there are any dive ops located in vieques, but some ops from fajardo may take you there. Vieques is beautiful by the way. For Parguerra diving, i reccomend Angel at parguera divers (www.pargueradivers.com if i rememebr correctly). Best operation on the island that i've dove with. If go to Parguera stay the the Torres, it's relatively cheap and the cleanest place there. I stayed at one of the resorts down there and had mosquitos comming out of the ceiling. As far as Culebra is concerned, I believe there are a couple ops there, Culerbra divers comes to mind, though i have never dove with any of them. The time I dove Culebra was with an op out of fajardo. If you want more info, feel free to contact me.

I echo what Squee said. I have been diving in both Fajardo and la Parguera. There is no comparison. Go with Parguera Divers.

Fajardo is on the way to Vieques. I have never been to Vieques, but I hear it is nice. It is basically a full day trip to get there from Fajardo.

If an operator tells you that they go there, make sure that they are going there on that day that you will show up. Most say that they will go there, and then they fill up the boat with day-trippers from San Juan, and they don't go all that far out there due to time constraints. I think the island I dove on off of Fajardo was called Lobos (Wolf Island). It's not that the diving was bad there, but the visibility was just okay and so were the reefs.

La Parguera is another world. National Geographic type quality dives. Pristene walls. I would not miss it if I had the chance to go there again or if I had to choose between the two places.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom