curacao and cigars

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can't help you with locations, but can offer this... REAL cubans are very expensive. If someone has a case of "cubans" for $5-$10 a piece, they aren't real cubans.

I want to get some good cigars, cuban cigars while in Curacao. where is a good small hideaway cigar shop where the locals go ?

it's all about the box seal and lable...i would recomend doing some research ahead of time...may also want to head over to clubstogie.com and poke around.

right, i know about the 5-pack in glass box for $20. ( joke box) no thanks. what if we goto Venezuela ? maybe we have better luck then ? in Cayman duty free, i got good deal on partagas D #4.

Don't know about the duty-free shop (I stay away form them because they are always a scam on prices) But I remember a cigar shop on the main road for 7-mile beach, over by the cruise ship pier that sold them. This was last year, so no guarantees post huricane.

Do your homework if you intend to "import" any back to the States. It isn't hard to do but it is illegal. I have been asked if I were in possession of such cigars before. Once in Miami and once in Houston.

PS, you have the same name as my brother. He spells it Scooby Doo.

Last edited:
I always go to Cigar Emporium ; Gomezplein in Punda [5999] 4653955.
Depending on your choice, you can get your 'real' Cuban cigars from $12 - $45 each.

Take out of any packaging. Slide the label off of each cigar and stash the label someplace in your carry-on bag. Bring some plastic bags and seal one cigar in each bag. They stink anyway and you don't want your entire bag smelling. Distribute, be creative.

I bring them back for my brothers. Never had any problems.
Customs are more worried about re-sale of bulk amounts, not just a dozen for personal use.

Flamingo
www.FlamingoVilla.com, Curacao Luxury Villa Rental

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom