Curacao-Breezes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chickendiver

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Booked and ready for two weeks of diving. Does anyone have any suggestions on who I should dive with ? Any good places to eat as well. What sites should I not miss. Any deals to be had?:confused:

hi chicken diver

I was just there last month. I dove with ocean encounters who are on site. i was only able to make two dives, but i really enjoyed them. the folks there were helpful and friendly. the food there was also good so we never went out. there is a shuttle bus that will take you to town and back. parts of the sea aquarium were under construction and it was kind of small but had a few interesting exhibits. We also did the ostrich farm and a cave tour Enjoy your trip.

I was there for 2 weeks in Feb 2003. I also dove with Ocean Encounters (6 days of boat diving). They are a good operation. The food at Breezes (buffet and both restaurants) is very good. You'll have a great time.

As the dive operator on-site Ocean Encounters is logisticaly the dive operation to use. They run a fine operation and have nice boats. As an all-inclusive all meals and drinks are included so there is not much need for finding other restaurants. You might want to make your dinner reservations early in the day to ensure you get the time and Breezes restaurant you want.

They have great shore diving and include 1 shore dive daily with the package. The second is only $8 for the tank rental.

For more information check out www.divebreezes.com

Ocean Encounters does seem to be the best of breed dive shop in Curacao but just in case you don't like Ocean Encounters for whatever reason...Toucan Diving is right next door to Breezes (on the Seaquarium Beach)

I was there for two weeks about two months ago. Ocean Encounters bought Toucan and services it, Breezes and Lions Dive.

Viz out front of Breezes was bad due to construction at the Seaquarium. Ocean encounters folks were very nice but the boats were too big for our taste.

Here's a photo off of our balcany looking over Toucan towards the Seaquarium. BTW, the Toucan operation has a very nice restaurant. We were at Breezes as a timeshare exchange so we were not part of the all-inclusive operation and our unit had a nice kitchenette.

186_P8240003w.jpg

The second week we were joined by a group of 10 others from our local Annapolis Scuba Center, stayed at the Hilton and dove with SeaScape. We really enjoyed it. Great service and we were the only divers. Very relaxing and they went out of their way to take care of us.

I was there about three weeks ago. Make reservations with ocean encounters early or you might get left off the boat as i did, but i found a great operation about a mile away called atlantis, no boat but they are the nicest dive center i have delt with and they take you to the best shore dives on the island. Food at breezes was great and the viz past the rocks was not that bad. AquaRock

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom