curacao dive operators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Heading to Curacao in jan. and staying at Royal Sea Aquarium. Looks like the onsite dive operation is ocean encounters. Anyone have any experience with them? Any other recommendations? I am looking to do some boat dives as well as shore dives that might include my wife snorkling with me also.

Heading to Curacao in jan. and staying at Royal Sea Aquarium. Looks like the onsite dive operation is ocean encounters. Anyone have any experience with them? Any other recommendations? I am looking to do some boat dives as well as shore dives that might include my wife snorkling with me also.

I've had great experience with Ocean Encounters West, up at Playa Kalki up west. First class operation. I'd have to imagine there's a certain "Halo Effect" at any of their other locations.

That said, you MUST head up and do some dives with OEW on their house reef (Alice in Wonderland) and a boat trip with them to Watamula!

Ray

I am looking to do some boat dives as well as shore dives that might include my wife snorkling with me also.

Just up the road (walking distance) from Seaquarium is The Dive Bus hut. They can help you with any question you may have about that end of the island and offer awesome shore dives (and snorkling trips, or combination). Dives like the Tugboat wreck, you can dive and family members can snorkle above you at the same time and get great views of the wreck even from surface. Check out The Dive Bus - HOME . Email Suzy. She's a wealth of knowledge and info. Even if you don't get to do a shore dive with them this time, stop at the Hut for fun conversation. Just plain great people:cool2:

Tom

My husband and I had a wonderful week of diving with Ocean Encounters in '08. Nice boats, great staff, lovely dive sites. The Tugboat, mentioned above, is a really cool dive and snorkel site; don't miss it. The whole setting where you'll be staying is beautiful. We stayed at Lion's Dive Resort next to the condos and SeaAquarium. We also did a dolphin dive out on the open reef, which was very special...

Ocean Encounters is one of the best dive ops on the island, you will not be disappointed! They are professional and fun and simply really nice people. I have dived with them out of Breezes - which is literally next door to the Aquarium. Next trip I will be heading up to Ocean Encounters West to dive with Bryan and Andreas! Great great people :D

I've dove with Ocean Encounters and the Dive Bus last Arpil and enjoyed both. The main differences is OE all boat diving, Dive Bus all shore diving. I stayed at Breezes and was picked up at the dock by OE, did 2 dives and was back by lunch time. With the Dive Bus 2 dives which includes lunch, and was back at the resort by 2:00PM.
Both have some great people
If I remember right, you have a great shore dive right there at the Royal.

GeneV

Gene V

This time tomorrow,I myself will be checking into the Royal Seaquarium for 9 days of relaxation between dives. I'll report back!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom