Curacao for New Years

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We have been to Curacao three times, two of the visits were in late Jan. We used to go to Cozumel during the winter, but after losing several days of diving due to cold fronts from the north we decided to try a place in the southern Caribbean to have more consistent weather. In Curacao the weather and water temps are only a few degrees cooler than in the summer months. Expect some short bursts of rain alternating with clear skies with wind. Never enough of each to cancel or compromise the number of dives.

I am the type to carry a hoodie or sweater with me when eating out, flying or going to the movies in mid July. I tend to get cold very easily. The only time in Curacao that I wore pants was when flying in and out. Much to the dismay of others, it was shorts weather the entire trip.

Thanks for the reply!

Oh yeah, where do you stay? We are ready to book but can't decide where to stay. Hoping for $150 or less/night.

My wife and I stayed at Scuba Lodge in September 2009. It was a cool little Euro ocean front hotel run by a Dutch couple. Located pretty central in the old part of Willemstad. We enjoyed it.

Back
Top Bottom