Curacao Frogfish at Baya still there!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gustele

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
This morning three local Scubaboard members (Dogenia, Kukuisa and I) joined for a dive to check if the frogfish was still there. Kukuisa and I found the frogfish about two weeks ago so we knew where to look. And indeed the frogfish is still there. It didn't move an inch since the last time. It is even sitting onhe same side of the sponge as last time. So there is a good chance it will be there for some time.

Some pictures of this morning's dive to give you some pointers where to look.
Gustele_and_Dogenia_ready_to_go_down.jpg
This first one is taken by Kukuisa and shows Dogenia (right) and me ready to go.
Baya_20080517_004.jpg
The frogfish still sitting in its sponge.
Baya_20080517_005_frogfish_location.jpg
This shows the surroundings and the location of the sponge. the picture is taken from beneath the location of the sponge looking up towards the drop-off. The sponge is at about 20 meters depth and only a few minutes swimming from the beach in front of Down Town Diving along the reef towards the East. So the easiest way to find the frogfish is to go to a depth of 20 meters and swim along the reef till you see the sponge or other objects that you see in this picture.
Baya_20080517_006.jpg
Dogenia taking pictures of the frogfish.

Let me know if you were able to find the fish.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom