Curacao--The Dive Bus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

karenpadi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I was the single diver who signed up for "Single Divers Week" at the Dive Bus in Curacao. What a great trip! I have decided to stay single because I had such a great vacation by myself!

I dove with Holly for two dives a day for five days. We did the house reef, tugboat, Director's Bay, Playa, and one other. I also did another day at the house reef/Carpile with their new intern and Mark. Great dives all around and Holly is an incredible divemaster. We saw turtles, eels, Flamingo Tongues, Lettuce Slugs, Seahorses, lobsters, and the like. Holly even took pictures for my vacation which Suzy burned to a CD for me (564 pictures!).

The Dive Bus is full service, they picked me up every morning, fed me lunch and even drove me to another dive shop to buy booties that they didn't have in stock. I really can't recommend them enough.

I stayed at the Sea Horizon Apartments, which Suzy arranged for me. My only complaint: no hot water (not a big deal in the tropics). It was very clean, secure, and the landlady is a blast. My favorite dinner (and most reasonably priced) was at the Surf'nTurf (at the Dive Bus) but my favorite dessert was the chocolate mousse at Hemingway (at the Lions Den resort). I mostly traveled around using the Curacao bus system which is a dollar a trip and very safe.

All in all, great vacation. I mostly let Suzy and Holly plan it for me and they did a great job from accommodations to dive planning, to recommending dinner spots. Finally, I didn't need to take one picture to have a fully documented vacation.

One more thing for the ladies . . . the Dive Bus rents out BCDs made for females!!! Best diving ever because my rented BCD wasn't always riding up.

Karen - glad to hear that you had a good time. Hope to see you again in Monterey! Perhaps the 19th of Jan??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom