Current temps at Natural Springs Resort...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

erparamedic

Vampire Girl......er Dork
Reaction score
I have an invite to NSR this weekend. Just curious if anyone has been there in the last few days and can tell me what the temps are? I'm debating whether or not I want to brave the cold. (Yes, I'm a WWW!)

Educated guess tells me the temps will be about 53-55 above the thermocline. Am I close?

erparamedic:
I have an invite to NSR this weekend. Just curious if anyone has been there in the last few days and can tell me what the temps are? I'm debating whether or not I want to brave the cold. (Yes, I'm a WWW!)

Educated guess tells me the temps will be about 53-55 above the thermocline. Am I close?

Haven't been there yet this year, but Ber has a class going there this weekend (her AOW class), so we'll be finding out Saturday!

Circleville is similar in depth, it's website says 56. NSRs website doesn't say.

Ken

Notso_Ken:
Haven't been there yet this year, but Ber has a class going there this weekend (her AOW class), so we'll be finding out Saturday!

Circleville is similar in depth, it's website says 56. NSRs website doesn't say.

Ken

NSR is usually a bit cooler than CTQ (a LOT come August/September). CTQ was 56 surface 53 bottom on Tuesday with no noticable thermocline so my guess is that NSR will be about 50-53 surface and 40-45 below the thermocline (essentially at/below the platform hanging over the trench).

Notso_Ken:

Ken

Yup! That's who my invite was from. LOL!

Well... I think I'll call NSR tomorrow and see if they know the temps. I really hope it's warmer than the 50-53* that Skyking mentioned. If it's 56, it just might be do-able for me. Maybe. :wink:

Thanks, everyone, for the input!

I was there a couple of weeks ago and the bottom temp was 54-55*. Had a friend diving wet and she said it was not to bad.

Sorry, Ber and Notso_Ken. I won't be making it this weekend. Some things came up, but maybe next time.

We missed getting to see you! Surface temp was 60 degrees (to 18 feet...Ted) with 52 below the thermocline. Visibility was pretty good to, 30+ feet in most spots, I wish I had taken my camera!
Ber :lilbunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom