Custom Cue Cards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aegir Diving School

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey there! I was wondering if anyone had a resource to create your own waterproof cue cards and have them printed. I would like to have the cue cards for the various PADI specialties I can teach so that I don't miss anything and I don't have to read my writing in my wet notes. Any advise?

You might want to check out www.divelogs.com as they make custom slates, wet notes, log pages, etc. I placed an order with them for custom log pages and the quality was good. The only thing I didn't like about the log pages was that they put their branding on the pages. I asked them whether they brand their custom slates and they said no. I'd confirm before placing an order but they could be an option.

Edit: Another option would be to simply print your own and then laminate them. I've done this a couple of times because I'm not really up for paying $80+ for a new full set of cue cards from SSI to keep up with any changes, and as far as I know, you can't buy the cards individually. The nice thing about that, besides being cheap, is that you can make them whatever size you want. A laminating machine that does 5mm laminate is ~$20. If you want 7mm or 10mm, you're going to pay more for the machine. I do my stuff in 5mm and I'd say it feels like maybe half the thickness/stiffness of a cert card for example. It's pliable, but not like paper. I use the 5mm 'luggage tag' laminating pouches (4.25 x 2.5) from Office Depot because they have a hole at the top you can use to add a keyring/clip. I'm not familiar with the size of the PADI cue cards, but for SSI if I want to put something in our folder thing, I'll use the 4x6 5mm pouches and trim to match the other cards.

Back
Top Bottom