Custom Drysuit - Where to order?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zeke XA3

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Queensland - Australia - Most of the time
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Had a quick search around but nothing recent on forum.

Just did my 6th cave trip to Mexico, and its really really time for a drysuit!

Heading back to the UK next week and will be here for 2 months or so before moving to Australia.

As a tall and skinny guy who gets cold easy what are some options for a dry suit, custom fit , that i can order and get checked before getting it finished and shipped to Oz?

Whats an average budget, ive seen some for less than $1000GBP and others that dont start till $1500GBP!

Good chance ill be at Go Diving next month as well.

Did you really search here? Here's a thread with 208 pages of nothing but praise. Read it and learn. EVERY question has been asked and answered there.

Seaskin is a UK company with about a 3 month lead time right now. You may be able to get it faster if you order it from their shop and request a faster turn time. No idea on that.

I admit i didnt read 208 pages, but saw the thread was started in 2018 and read the first few and last few pages but when the thread devolved into Ski talked i kinda stopped.

I know the thread recommends the Seaskin Nov, i have that page open.

Should no one be able to give a short reply on their recommendations for UK based drysuit manufactoers and what they consider as an average price, i shall set aside a few hours to read the 208 pages to find such answers.

Comparing the Seaskin nova to the O3 90Ninety - 700 vs 2000 GBP what are you getting for your buck?
Its been a while since iv had an option to chose, usually i just have to use whatever is available, is the quality and workmanship just "Average" on the Nova compared to the 90Ninety, will it just hold up better, last longer etc?

Comparing the Seaskin nova to the O3 90Ninety - 700 vs 2000 GBP what are you getting for your buck?
Its been a while since iv had an option to chose, usually i just have to use whatever is available, is the quality and workmanship just "Average" on the Nova compared to the 90Ninety, will it just hold up better, last longer etc?

Never worn an O3 but I got a fully kitted out Seaskin nova for $1100 and I’m completely satisfied.

If you are going to be in the UK in February, there is a dive show coming up that perhaps you should attend and ask the manufacturers there yourself. Also, you should check with local divers in the UK what they recommend and use.

Should be at that UK dive show, i see 2 of the manufactures will be there. Could be a good place to get measured up.

I havent lived in the UK for over 20 years do dont really know any divers back there anymore hence asking on here.

O3 is one of the most well known and respected drysuit manufacturers in the UK, probably the best known one there.

www.othree.co.uk
+1 for OThree. They really are bullet proof and provide excellent customer service. You’ll probably need your full budget, but it’s a good investment. They now to trilam as well as neoprene.

Although you’re after custom made, their ‘off the peg, made to measure” was a better fit than my high tech custom built FE Argonaut Stealth. The FE is a lovely suit mind, but significantly more expensive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom