Custom logbook page needs your opinion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Both are great logbook pages, but if diving nitrox, would not want to be able to log ppo2 for safety and po2 for saturation?

The beauty of creating your own page is that when your experience and needs change, so can your log page. For example, when I got a dry suit, it became a part of my page. I too had the signature line on my original page, but scrapped it just to have more space for writing.

I have spent a little extra and purchased waterproof paper. I did learn that I have to run my copies through a copier rather than a desk jet or ink jet copier. (The ink won't stay on the page!)

A long time ago Reefmongoose was doing log pages. I took his basic design and added some stuff, and changed around some other stuff. Here is what I use now.

Dive Log Page

I'm just curious, but what program do you guys use to go about making these?

They all look like typical fill in the blank logs. Not terribly flexible or useful. in my opinion, but if you like 'em, use 'em, I used various fill in the blank formats for my first 550 dives until I wised up.

I am using Microsoft Visio to make mine. It is used mostly for flow charts and network diagrams, but it lent itself nicely to this project. I have also seen them made with word or excel.

Walter- I am curious. What are you using to log your dives today?

I suppose it would be easier to evaluate the data in the profile block if it were shown in the context of the entire page. So here is my latest revision. Mind you it is still a work in progress, so any input/feedback is welcome.

Once again, feel free to be brutal.

Thanks

Attachments

• Kingley page rev4_9.JPG
    Kingley page rev4_9.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 261
It is very nice!
On the beginning I did the same...later some things got more important others less.
I don't need someone to sign. weight, deep, tank size and used pressure is important.
psi before and psi after are good but if you mention the tank size, else not.
you make the log book for yourself, not for anyone else.

Hi KZ,

Extremely similar to the excellent log pages I have used from Dive-Logs.com since 2004, perhaps these served as a model for you: Dive-Logs.com - Scuba dive log refill packs, logbooks, log book stamps, and accessories I use the standard computer nitrox pages. I record ditchable vs trim wt under the wt section and note my SAC in the dive profile section. These are the only 2 things I add to the standard info. The only sections I don't use are the PG and RNT sections.

I use the small size pages in the corresponding binder and find them very easy to use and transport. For those of you without the time, energy, motivation, or skill to create your own log pages, you may want to check out what Dive-Logs.com has to offer. They even have a custom log page designer if none of their standard designs fit your needs.

Good diving, Craig

I'm just curious, but what program do you guys use to go about making these?

I use LaTeX to create mine. Added max PPO2 at the good suggestion here.

I like a fill in log, otherwise I would forget to write down something I might want later. Obviously I have different things I want to record than others do.

Attachments

• DiveLogPrint.pdf
    48 KB · Views: 234

Back
Top Bottom