Custom Wetsuits (for a woman)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dash

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all, I wanted to see if I have missed any custom wetsuit makers after searching this forum, and if anyone had any thoughts.

The story is I bought a Bare Velocity 7mm fullsuit for my wife for Christmas. According to the extensive Bare size charts, it should have fit her. It didnt though, so I sent it back and got the next size up. Again it didnt fit! What the ...Is my wife so strangely shaped that a typical wetsuit wont fit?

SO now Ive decided not to keep blowing shipping charges and will get her a custom. Ive searched this forum and came up with the following makers. Price is a big consideration as well as construction quality. I would like to have my wife actually go to the shop to be sized, so we get this right the first time. Anyone know what these custom suits are going for nowadays?

New Wave - This appears to be run by women, does anyone think that makes a difference if my wife goes to get sized?

J & J Wetsuits

Coral Reef ( I have a surf suit form there so am somewhat familiar)

JMJ Wetsuits

Any opinions, experiences welcome. Thanks very much.

BTW, if anyone is looking to buy a wetsuit, I will be selling the womens Bare Velocity suit, size 10. Its never been in the water (or even near it) and still has the tags on it. I cant promise any great discount, but it will be a small savings.

Don at M&B in Long Beach has had a great reputation for making great custom suits for the last 30 or 40 years.

I'm not sure what they cost these days.

Christian

headhunter:
Don at M&B in Long Beach has had a great reputation for making great custom suits for the last 30 or 40 years.

I'm not sure what they cost these days.

Christian

Completely forgot about M & B. Funny thing is I live maybe 2 miles from them. I went by their store once and it was closed. Ill have to check into them again.

Not to hijack, but does anyone know a good spot to get a woman's wetsuit altered (my wife's not mine! :) )?

paradicio:
Not to hijack, but does anyone know a good spot to get a woman's wetsuit altered (my wife's not mine! :) )?
I'd say that any of the places that are mentioned for complete custome suits would also be the places to talk to about for alterations.

Christian

Dash Riprock:
Hi all, I wanted to see if I have missed any custom wetsuit makers after searching this forum, and if anyone had any thoughts.

SO now Ive decided not to keep blowing shipping charges and will get her a custom.
New Wave - This appears to be run by women, does anyone think that makes a difference if my wife goes to get sized?

paradicio:

Dash and paradicio,

Call New Wave. She (Theresa) can alter both suits to fit. Or She can make a custom one for about two hundred.

She has made three suits for me and I really like her.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom