Custom wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will be calling JMJ tomorrow and hopefully ordering soon, thanks for the advice everyone.

Just ordered from JMJ, seem really nice and knowledgable on the phone. I will update when I get my suit, thanks for the suggestions.

Sparky, any luck with the JMJ? I am having the same issues finding a wetsuit. I have been considering JMJ too. Would love to know what you think of yours.

Sparky, any luck with the JMJ? I am having the same issues finding a wetsuit. I have been considering JMJ too. Would love to know what you think of yours.

I was meaning to make an update. I recieved my suit about 3 weeks after order. I have not had the chance to go in the water with it yet, but I am very impressed with the workmanship and the fit of the suit. The people were very easy to deal with over the phone and I think the price great. I'll let you know when I actually get a chance to get wet in my new suit!

I have similar issues. I only dive in warm tropical waters but by the 2nd day of 4 div3e days I'm shivering at the end of most dives so I ordered a custom wetsuit shirt from Wetwear.com. I picked the colors, got measured by a tailor and the thing fits like a glove! And not an OJ glove. I wore it for 10 days in Fiji last February. What a difference it makes. I had them put zippers everywhere (full zip down front and on both sleeves) In other words I got it "MY WAY". It is awesome. And they will make size adjustments. Price was ridiculously reasonable. I suggest you give them a look as well. Oh, and they rushed it to me for the Fiji trip and said the measurements of the arms seemed a bit long so if there was an issue to send it back after the trip and they would "fix it" free. No adjustment was needed but it was kind of them to offer. I got a 3 mil suit and the quality is excellent, as is the fit.

I had my first day of open water diving today. I was in the water well over an hour and my wetsuit was awesome. 46 degree water and only started to get chilly at the very end and even then it was only on my head and hands. I think if I work a hooded vest underneath I could dive in even cooler water no problem. I would recommend JMJ to anyone looking for a great suit.

I had my first day of open water diving today. I was in the water well over an hour and my wetsuit was awesome. 46 degree water and only started to get chilly at the very end and even then it was only on my head and hands. I think if I work a hooded vest underneath I could dive in even cooler water no problem. I would recommend JMJ to anyone looking for a great suit.

hi
did you have any issues getting in touch with jmj ?? i have sent 2 emails over the past 3 days and have yet to get a reply. my general rule for dealing with online businesses is that if i don't get a reply within 24hrs i will usually walk away. but they look like a company that can help us out so i am willing to wait some more.
can you tell me how you went about ordering which colours to use and where on the suit to put those colours. i can only find measurement info. nothing about the design or colours
thx for any advise/help
rick

---------- Post added ----------

still have had no answers from JMJ. guess we will be looking elsewhere.

Only thing I can say is I did not have much luck with emailing them through their website either (maybe a website problem??). However, just give them a call are very helpful. I went diving yesterday (58 degree water) was never even close to being cold even after about 2 hours of being wet. I think my wetsuit rocks and really do recommend these guys. They can answer any questions on the phone, and I think will do any color scheme (even star trek uniform style!) you choose. I just ordered a pure black suit.

Back
Top Bottom