Cutting edge masks in 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nereas

Contributor
Reaction score
Expat Floridian travelling in the Land of Eternal
# of dives
500 - 999
The latest and greatest cutting edge masks in 2008 are the newly designed "frameless" (ergo low volume and lowest profile) Aqua Lung Technisub Tyke design.

Pricing is around 40 Euros, not cheap.

The crystal clear skirt & modified frame let in the most lighting and provide the best peripheral vision. Black is also available for hunting or photography. Other beautiful clear and solid colours include aquamarine, which looks good on girls and women.

Custom lenses can be installed into them by many local labs around the world, including bifocals if you need them for reading your dive computer.

5 Years ago, the cutting edge mask back then was the Mares Target ultra-low volume mask, in black. I believe this has now been superseded by the new Aqua Lungs, which take ultra-low volume to even newer levels by shaving away at the frame itself and thus reducing even further the volume.

I hope they prove to be durable. I got two of them, and vision through them is very clear with no sense of tunnel vision. About every 5 years it is good to replace your masks, and for me it has been another 5 years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom