Cutting Through Wreck (wood) - How?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick i think im your man. Im a railroader and my job is railroad cars. wow what a find for you. theres 2 types of railroad box cars. im sure if the car is as old as you say it is its going to have a slide door, one on each side. they will open from left to right. there might be a lock on the door so i would just not mess with it.
1. box car doors are know for falling off when they get weak. it will crush u like a bug.
2. the steel on the car might be still in good shape but the wood is going to be soft. with the weight of the steel on the soft wood will not be good.
3. under frame from a box car looks like this
-----------
| ]----[ |
|
(* - *) | the car body is just sitting on a set of trucks
| ]----[ |
| |
the car might role from the weight for the body.
i have pics i can send you of boxcars and there insides

chris02zr2:
Rick i think im your man. Im a railroader and my job is railroad cars. wow what a find for you. theres 2 types of railroad box cars. im sure if the car is as old as you say it is its going to have a slide door, one on each side. they will open from left to right. there might be a lock on the door so i would just not mess with it.
1. box car doors are know for falling off when they get weak. it will crush u like a bug.
2. the steel on the car might be still in good shape but the wood is going to be soft. with the weight of the steel on the soft wood will not be good.
3. under frame from a box car looks like this
-----------
| ]----[ |
|
(* - *) | the car body is just sitting on a set of trucks
| ]----[ |
| |
the car might role from the weight for the body.
i have pics i can send you of boxcars and there insides
Chris,
Wow, you sound like you are the man, thanks. But check out my post #42 on page 5.

We did, however, float a nice buoy on it so anyone can dive it now.

wow i didnt read that post. too bad but nice find. im on the wreck crew for the r&r so i get to see some great derailments. i will post pics some time

Back
Top Bottom