Cyklon 300 Mouth Piece

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba1456

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi everyone, I am a Poseidon Service tech. I have a customer who brought me in her very serviceable Cyklon 3950 with 2 Cyklon 300 2nds. all metal... totally awesome regulators.

They serviced well, and are working perfectly. However one of the 300's needs a new mouth piece. It is no longer a spare part on the Poseidon parts list. Even the service manual says you cant get it anymore. (Old part number is 3202)

Looking at most of the aftermarket sites and they all have the same disclaimer on their Poseidon Mouth pieces that they......... "WON'T FIT A CYKLON 300"

I have a call in to Poseidon USA to see if they have any old stock, but so far no luck?

I saw a post here on Scuba Board from 2015 with the same issue but it was not answered.... and no dive gear express doesn't have them.

HELP Please any but know of any old stock laying around?

call Air Tech Scuba in Raleigh NC and/or @rsingler

If they don't, then try some of the softer silicone generic mouthpieces that may stretch to fit the SUPER wide 300 opening. Thankfully the circumference isn't that different from a normal mouthpiece. I don't have any of those mouthpieces readily accessible right now because I only have Poseidon or Apeks mouthpieces on my regs and my 300's all have stock mouthpieces

I have a variety of generic mouthpieces. Post the measurements and I'll see if I can come close enough.

I have a variety of generic mouthpieces. Post the measurements and I'll see if I can come close enough.

they are really flat and really wide. Nothing I have seen in modern times will come close without serious amounts of stretching and they usually deform.

you can see a generic mouthpiece stretched over a 300 below.

attachment.php?attachmentid=3451&d=1291123563.jpg

I have heard that a Trident mouthpiece could be stretched to fit, but haven't tried it. Thankfully the cyklons I have are still serviceable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom