Cypress Springs Information

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I was wondering if someone could post a good walkthrough for everything you might need to dive Cypress Springs in Vernon Florida. I know that it can only be access by boat/canoe/Kayak. Me and a friend have some kayak we are wanting to take up there and would welcome any type of feedback anyone is willing to share. Best times of years to go, Best place to land, Best time of day to go, ETC...

Thank you

You can launch your kayaks at Cotton Landing, and it's a short paddle down stream to the spring run. Weekends are pretty busy from the locals swimming. Mid week would be the best time to go! Fairly small basin, but is one of the most beautiful basins around.

I prefer to go to CulPepper Landing. There is less limbs across the creek this way. From Culpepper landing go right (upstream). Holmes creek will fork two times. Each time go left. The second left is the spring run for Cypress springs. It is usually crystal clear. Cypress Spring can get blown out if there has been heavy rain for days and Holmes creeks backs up and begins to hit flood stage. Monday through Friday is the best days to go to avoid the locals. However, I have been there many a weekend and been the only person there. If you end up going with some folks who do not have a canoe/kayak you can rent one here:

Holmes Creek Canoe Livery
(Home) 850-956-2074
(cell) 850-210-7001

If you need any more specifics feel free to PM me.

Almost forgot. The route I am talking about (Culpeper) will take 25 minutes to get there and about 15 to get back. To me Cotton landing didn't save me time and I almost capsized about ten times getting there because of the limbs.

I agree with Walter about using Culpepper landing. It is a very nice, enjoyable canoe trip from there to Cypress. Our recent rains will probably mess up the pristine conditions for a short period of time.

Well worth the trip:

0047.JPG

006_correction.jpg

031_correction.jpg

Cypress_log_3.jpg

Eat at Dee's Restraunt in Vernon on the way out, its awesome.

Since Walter posted the Cypress pictures, I guess it is left up to me to post the Dee's pictures.....and I must say, deeessss friend catfish were some kinda good! This was a post dive meal at Dee's....never stop there before the dive or you will sink the canoe! Mat, I think we need to make a Dee's run sometime soon!!

6e5ed65d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom