Cypress Springs Report 8-27-10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dang, is it that close to Vortex? That might be the thing I need to make that drive. I haven't given my new Hollis Side Mount any time in a cave yet.

Thanks Denise...time for both of us to get back "under" the water.

Awesome pics Glen!! It is great to see your photography again!! It is absolutely amazing!!

I agree, sidemount and bubbles looking good in the water! :D

Cypress is only about 30-40 minutes from Vortex. You have to get there by boat, but it would be a perfect place to test sidemount gear. Cypress is one of my favorite places to dive!

Dang, is it that close to Vortex? That might be the thing I need to make that drive. I haven't given my new Hollis Side Mount any time in a cave yet.

A Few More Shots...

2Jonathanbelow.jpg

2JonathanBW.jpg

2canoe.jpg

2Jonathanlimbs.jpg

2gearingup.jpg

Glenn, Some awesome pics! I do some Photography work on the side. Airshows, Construction sites. Can you tell me what kind of setup your using? I have been thinking about a housing for my canon 40d.

Honestly it is hard to take a bad picture at Cypress. I think any camera will give you some good shots at Cypress. A 40d would be a great camera to use with the right lens. I use a Canon G10, it is not an SLR so it is very limited when it comes to Wide Angle lens. I use the Ikelite housing with Ikelite DS 160 and DS 51 strobes. I am still learning how to get decent pictures.

I would strongly suggest sending a PM to Puffer Fish (Jim G.) here on Scubaboard. He is VERY experienced with photography and has helped me a lot. He might help you avoid some costly errors if you are going to buy equipment. PM me if I can help.

Glenn, Some awesome pics! I do some Photography work on the side. Airshows, Construction sites. Can you tell me what kind of setup your using? I have been thinking about a housing for my canon 40d.

I can probably get there Thursday. Maybe do a Friday am dive there?

A Friday AM dive would most likely be doable for me.

My wife and kids and I went up the second week of August and canoed and kayaked the Econfina and Holmes Creek, with a stop off at Morrison spring on the way home. The kids had their dive gear strapped to their kayaks the whole time. I've lived in Florida all my life, and visiting different springs is one of our major pastimes. We have visited over fifty this summer alone, and the dive at Cypress was definitely one of the highlights of the whole summer

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom