D1 and second owner's manual

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is no owners manual for the HOG and Edge regs. What do you need to know? Just shoot me a PM or email and I will answer whatever question you have. Briefly it is a balanced diaphragm reg with 2 HP ports and 4 or 5 LP ports depending on whether or not it has the 5th bottom port option installed. Since last year I believe all the D-1's come with the 5th port. If it does not have it one can be obtained via any dealer and installed by them.

It may or may not have the environmental seal kit. If it does there will be a red flexible cover on the top of the reg. If it does not and you want one, again any dealer can take care of you.

It is currently available in DIN only but a optional yoke conversion kit is coming. Just not sure when.

The IP of the reg should be in the 130-145 range. I usually set them at about 138.

Rebuild is every two years and there is a recommended annual inspection.

Parts kits are available to end users. It is recommended that you take the TDI Edge/HOG Equipment Service Clinic before servicing it yourself or send/take it to an authorized dealer for service.

When installing hoses you want to torque them to 35-40 inch lbs. Which is roughly hand tight and then snugged just a smidgen (technical term there) with a short handled wrench. DO not crank down on them. I also like to put just a LIGHT sheen of christo or tribo lube on the orings. And I mean light.

If using the 5th port I recommend that you also apply a little christo or tribo lube to the hose threads themselves for that port. Just because it is a port that is not machined into the reg body and this would go a long way towards preventing the hose from getting seized up if you would accidentally over tighten it and when trying to get it off, loosen the 5th port bolt.

We run into this all the time in my regular job (not scuba related) when the maintenance dept gets lazy and just slaps things back together. Not fun.

Great Post Jim. What would be great is if Chris / HOG produced a single sheet "specs" page that I can give to a reg tech. I travel a lot to remote places, and it would be nice, in the event of any issues, to be able to hand over the service kit and specs page to a qualified tech and say 'here you go'.

Last edited:
I'm not looking for a specs sheet or a tech manual. I want to write a user's review for a local dive club and need a little "sales"/"consumer" type info. Who, what, etc.

Couple of questions: haven't received my HOGs yet; waiting for the new L/R reversible second stages. Saw them at Beneath the Sea and placed an order. Didn't realize they didn't come with a simple instruction manual or I would have asked these basic questions.

1) the + and - on the breathing "cracking" adjustment: does + mean harder to breath?

2) predive lever: which direction is the pre-dive setting? I'm guessing pre-dive pushed away from the mouth and dive toward the mouth?

There is no owners manual for the HOG and Edge regs. What do you need to know? Just shoot me a PM or email and I will answer whatever question you have. Briefly it is a balanced diaphragm reg with 2 HP ports and 4 or 5 LP ports depending on whether or not it has the 5th bottom port option installed. Since last year I believe all the D-1's come with the 5th port. If it does not have it one can be obtained via any dealer and installed by them.

there is a owners manual, it was on my web site, however I am changing the servers that hosted the docs... It's taken longer tan anticipated (my travels and my web guy in school)

PM me your email and I will send you one.

Back
Top Bottom