D200 Firmware Update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ABQdiver:
Nikon has posted their firmware update for the D200 for those of you that are interested.

D200 Firmware 2.0 for Windows

This firmware updates adds wireless features, and image authentication. More info is on Nikon's website.

It should be noted that there are new D2x/h firware upgrades that do a WHOLE lot more than just add a couple features. I was hoping for similar with the D200! :D

RonFrank:
This firmware updates adds wireless features, and image authentication. More info is on Nikon's website.

It should be noted that there are new D2x/h firware upgrades that do a WHOLE lot more than just add a couple features. I was hoping for similar with the D200! :D

I have heard that Nikon sometimes hides other fixes in their updates so I updated my firmware earlier this week. Can't hurt.

Dave

That's the way I see it too Dave! I don't use the wireless feature (although it does sound very cool) and don't even know what the image authentication thing does real life situations, but I like to stay updated.......

ABQdiver:
That's the way I see it too Dave! I don't use the wireless feature (although it does sound very cool) and don't even know what the image authentication thing does real life situations, but I like to stay updated.......

The image authentication *thingy* is some encryption put onto a RAW file EXIF information that will verify that the image has not been altered. It's use is for things like frensics, ya know JUST like CSI! For most photographers it's not a feature that one would want, however for some it will be invaluable as now digital can replace film in THAT arena.

Interesting, AND it takes "additional software"!!

Thanks for the info Ron!

ABQdiver:
Interesting, AND it takes "additional software"!!

Thanks for the info Ron!

The optional additional software is to view the secure features of the RAW capture and to verify that it has not been altered. I have no clue how this all works, just some basic understanding of what it's for and why.

For someone who must prove that Digital images have NOT been altered in any way (like when presenting evidence in court), these types of tools are valuable.

Back
Top Bottom