D5 suunto battery life

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

littlegorgor

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
hi everyone,
I'm wondering if anyone can comment on the battery life for d5?

a review online mentioned it can only last 3 dives in low light setting. This is a big draw back as we may do 3-4 dives in liveaboard.

online it said 10+ hours, so I would expect 6-7 dives before recharge?

many thanks

Anyone got a D5 and noted the actual battery life?

I use one for pool teaching and as a backup during OW and haven't noticed a battery life issue. Was in the pool yesterday for about 7hrs with brightness setting on high. Battery wasn't fully charged beforehand and still had about 2hrs (dive mode) left this morning. That said, I'd be inclined to charge each evening during a liveabord. Battery seems to be lasting about a week in watch mode.

I’ve had a D5 for about 6 months. I can get 5-6 one-hour dives on it with one charge. So even on a heavy day of diving it lasts all day.

That does mean you need to charge every evening, but it’s a great dive computer and once you are in the habit no problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom