D6i Max Depth Reset

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any idea why the update was not done when I had the computer serviced by the authorized dealer? (Dive Supply - Phuket - Thailand)

Jeff,

Yes, the service center should have questioned you for authorization of the software update while the computer was being serviced. Have you tried contacting them about the software update?

Best Regards,
Chris

Chris,

I took a day off yesterday and sent the computer for the software upgrade (after downloading all dives).

Got it back this morning with the new software installed, all settings back to default and the logbook erased (as expected).
The history was still intact and still showed 60m maximum depth - However.......

When I hooked it up to DM4 the reset button is now present! The max depth has now been reset without problem.

Thanks for the help getting this sorted out.

Evening,

Sorry for jumping on to this thread but I have a similar issue...

I don't seem to be able to reset the max depth on DM4. I have only just downloaded the software from the Suunto website within the last week (Version 1.1.14.3463). When my D6i is connected it states that it is currently running version 1.2.9. I have the 3 gas mix and the option to turn dive mode off. However when the D6i is connected via USB to DM4 in the Device Settings box there isn't an option to 'reset history' like the photo posted on page 1 of this thread.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Paul

I checked back on page 1 (and double checked my computer), the new firmware is 1.2.10 so it looks like you are one revision behind.

Seems odd to limit the reset to most recent version only, there must be many, many computers not updated.

Paul,

BigJeff is correct. The newest version of software is 1.2.10, and the reason why the reset option is not available is because you have the latest software of DM4 but not for your D6i.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

Thank you for the replies.

It just seemed a bit odd that I had the 3 gas mix / dive off upgrades but not the reset option. I shall take it to my LDS and get the software upgraded.

Chris, are the updates something that you should get for free as having purchased a Suunto computer? Or do you have to pay the LDS for the upgrades?

Thanks
Paul

Paul,

Your LDS cannot update your computer. The update has to be done at an authorized Suunto service center which you can locate the closest center to you from the link provided. Suunto Dealer Locator
Since the update is not mandatory there will be a charge. If you have a service performed such as a battery service then the update will be at no charge. If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

Back
Top Bottom