D70 Housings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I tried calling individual companies to get feed back from them regarding their housings and all i get from them are how their case is better than others, hands down. after listening to 4 companies telling me how i should buy their's, i came here for help instead. it's nice that you guys gave me some good advice. i look forward to getting my housing and posting many pictures here!

and for the Nikon Nook, who do we talk to?
and let's try to keep it clean; no canon vs. nikon debates, i get enough of that from everywhere. besides...nikon is better :p

I've been working too much lately to be around but I just ordered the Subal because of the viewfinder. And maybe just a little because of the glass ports.
I'll vote for a Nikon corner. I've been shooting Nikons for years and I'm happy to be back with one underwater. Although I have to say I loved the 5050 and it's staying in the family with a new Ikelite housing and DS125.
TEdJ

Tim Rock told me ysterday that he saw the Aquatica D70 housing and was very impressed. very compact!

no matter what housing you choose, make sure you get an 8" dome port for your wide angle set up

Anyone know where I can see the Aquatica D70 housing on the net? Been waiting to have a look for a while...

Wolverine:
Anyone know where I can see the Aquatica D70 housing on the net? Been waiting to have a look for a while...
Check here

All the best, James

The only way to decide which is the"best" for you is to get your hands on some. I have owned both the Sea and Sea and The Nexus D70 housings - which is the best... neither, each has strengths and weaknesses in the differing areas.

My pet love of the SnS was the ease at which I could dismount the camera to use it topside, change batteries, etc.
My pet hate with the Nexus - the sheer difficultly of removing the camera body from the housing - so much so I bought a second body in the end (which I could not really afford).
My pet love of the Nexus - the size of the WA glass ports, esp the fisheye.
My pet hate of the SnS - the 4 fastening clips, I just could get along with them.

I would like to get my hands on the Subal for a play but I know it would have things I love and things I hate, yet again.

dbh:
here are a few pics of the Nexus D70

Nexus D70

The thing that I would be worried about on the Aquatica is that it has not been field tested at all. It is straight from the press to the consumer. The first owners will be doing the testing for Aquatica.

I would not be worried about Aquatica at all. I got one of the first F100 and the first CP995 housings when they came out. Nothing but top quality stuff. I will be ordering one for my D70 soon.

it seems like a lot of people get nexus and aquatica. i guess they're the best two housings out. i was looking into Sea&Sea and Light&Motion.

We should have a physical vote for Nikon Nook. i'll put up a vote on a new thread. you guys should all vote~

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom