Dacor Elite Reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GotAir

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My LDS is pitching to me a good deal on a Dacor Elite reg no octopus or second stage But i will for-sure have one put on. I'm new to this sport and I have heard of Dacor I even have some fins by them . Dacor Elite is this there top of the line stuff or just a name. Mike

GotAir once bubbled...
My LDS is pitching to me a good deal on a Dacor Elite reg no octopus or second stage But i will for-sure have one put on. I'm new to this sport and I have heard of Dacor I even have some fins by them . Dacor Elite is this there top of the line stuff or just a name. Mike

What exactly is he offering? Your post makes it sound like you'll only get the first stage. Is that what you meant to say?

As a general sweeping statement I've heard that Dacor regs, especially the side breathers are pretty wet. The general concensus seems to be that there are better regs for the money on the market right now.

BTW, I don't quite understand the meaning of the picture you attached but if that's a picture of you then I would suggest trying the snorkel on the other side. You'll probably find it's less in the way over there. Funny thing. That's the second picture today I've seen of someone with the snorkel on the right.

R..

Well the whole deal is that the reg, bc and tank was sold to somebody this year and my LDS is reselling it to me at 375.00 US and if he offers a warranty with it i might take the bait and buy it all. as far as the snorkel thing. i'm blind in my right eye so I thought it would be out of the way over there. leaving my left eye with a better veiw. but I'm glad you asked. mike

GotAir once bubbled...
Well the whole deal is that the reg, bc and tank was sold to somebody this year and my LDS is reselling it to me at 375.00 US and if he offers a warranty with it i might take the bait and buy it all. as far as the snorkel thing. i'm blind in my right eye so I thought it would be out of the way over there. leaving my left eye with a better veiw. but I'm glad you asked. mike

Yep. That's a hellofa deal.

R..

sounds like a good deal.

Never used a Dacor myself but was considering buying one. Talked a friend that runs a dive shop and he says he would not use one below 20m and that as mentioned already they tend to be a wet breathe.

Also came across a review (can't find the bookmark now) that said one of the models they do stop supplying air if you look directly up, i.e. looking up a shot as you come up.

But at the price you are getting the deal, i'd goo with it and if you decide to extend your diving and keep it up you can sell the reg to another beginner.

GotAir once bubbled...
as far as the snorkel thing. i'm blind in my right eye so I thought it would be out of the way over there. leaving my left eye with a better veiw. but I'm glad you asked. mike

Try the snorkel on the left side anyway. I don't I've ever seen mine while I was wearing it, so I doubt yours will bother your good eye sight. If it does, change it back.

Some divers will suggest leaving the snorkel in the dive bag? It's a piece of safety equipment I always wear, and I've used it many times on surface swims - saving that last 500# for unexpected needs.

don

Back
Top Bottom