DALE WRIGHT (dwright, wreckmaniac) ripped off his dive club..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Corigan

Contributor
Reaction score
DALE WRIGHT from wreckmaniac.com that goes by the handles dwright and wreckmaniac on various forums scheduled a charter for April 2nd and 3rd this year out of NC. All of his dive club and friends sent him money since he was organizing the charter. Once the charter got blown out, he got the refund check and split. Disappeared, won't answer anybodies emails or anything. He wouldn't even come on his own site. It's over 4 months later, and people are still without their money (which is over 1,000 dollars total). He has totally **** on his friends.

Matt

Not too sure how long they....the mods....will leave this thread up as it promotes violence and mayhem to another person....

but it seems reasonable to me.

Im pretty much surprised Dale would pull something like this. I have been reading the posts on the WM board.....I was probably the third person to join that board....but its such a shame that these kind of things happen.

Anyway....I can understand forgiveness not being an option.

Hope you all get your money back.....hope Dale sees the light...so to speak

RICHinNC:
Anyway....I can understand forgiveness not being an option.

Hope you all get your money back.....hope Dale sees the light...so to speak

Hey Rich, we tried for months to forgive and give Dale the benefit of doubt. After 4 months and many lies, we decided enough was enough. No sense in anyone treating others as he did with this situation.
I agree that Matt's post may be a tad violent sounding, but knowing Matt, I'm sure was intended to be funny.

Rich: I actually removed the threats/violence out of all my posts on the forum. I've already gotten the post pulled from TDS for the same reason. It looks like they may let me post it once the violence/threat/contract has been removed from it. If you look above you will see the threat was removed. Personally, I am of no harm to Dale. I'm not going to get thrown in jail/be sought from legal prosecution due to some guy ripping me off a few bucks. I am however going to tarnish his name so that people know what they are getting into. I was using the threat as a possible tactic to try to lure Dale out into the open. We have tried plenty of tactics, none of which have worked. I personally couldn't forgive Dale as I have never even met the guy. My first impressions of Dale were him ripping me off, wrong foot to start on. I could see how he could rip off someone he's not met, but to rip off people that were friends and you were hanging out/diving with a bunch is just unbelievably wrong to me.

Matt

Everyone, this is a heated subject with our group and everyone involved has some strong emotions. Remember no personal attacks and name calling, okay? I have tried calling Dale today and left a voice mail. Once again I'd like to get this all worked out so you all can get your refunds. I'm sure I won't get a call back but it didn't hurt to try. I'm just still astonished that he hasn't given us a response.

Mel

Good words of Advice Mel. You know me, so you know how "Frank" I am. I'm not one to beat around the bush, and am a blunt individual. I am glad the mods have been kind enough to work with me on this to get a message out that would not violate the TOS of SB here. What I do find amazing is the differences in TOS from forum to forum and which forums would let what stay.. :)

Come on Dale, do the right thing here. Come on out and give everybody there money back, apologize, and lets move on and go diving..

Matt

you know, that's the thing. i bet with a sincere apology (more so than the actual refund of $$), many of those who are admittedly very angry and rightfully so would consider forgiving him. perhaps not forgetting, perhaps not getting close again, but letting go of the anger. so, dale, at least humbly apologize to those who need it.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that yelling about this on an online chat board might not be the right way to go about solving the problem.

cornfed:
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that yelling about this on an online chat board might not be the right way to go about solving the problem.

Well when you have tried EVERY other possible option what do you have left?

cornfed:
It's been 4 months of dodged phone calls, emails and pm's. At this point I think most of us have written off the cash (I know I have) and just don't want anyone else to be taken by this guy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom