DALE WRIGHT (dwright, wreckmaniac) ripped off his dive club..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just wondering - did Dale finally pull the site, or is it a problem with my ISP?

If it's gone - where are we going to get together online?

(I like it here, even with a bit heavier censorship than I'd prefer at times...)

Any suggestions?

-Grier

GrierHPharmD:
Just wondering - did Dale finally pull the sight, or is it a problem with my ISP?

If it's gone - where are we going to get together online?

(I like it here, even with a bit heavier censorship than I'd prefer at times...)

Any suggestions?

-Grier

Comments retracted since the thread that I posted to was moved and joined with this thread.

Don't think it was a power outage, I think the plug has been pulled, dead.....deader then dead......but we were expecting that.

Grier can you join me on Tucks boat this Saturday the 20th?

Hang in there Grier. We'll have something going in a few days. We'll keep you posted .

crpntr133:
Comments retracted since the thread that I posted to was moved and joined with this thread.

Linda, I'd love to, but I got suckered into working for a friend. (I've been meaning to drop you a note, but have been a bit slack - sorry!)

I envy your getting a chance to dive this weekend - I'll be doing the pharmacist thing here in Charlotte...

BabyDuck:
since it's 10 or so people, and about $150 each, i don't know that the police would care. any police want to comment.

I don't know where this guy you all are mad at lives, or what, but you can probably file a report for "Obtaining Property under False Pretenses NCGS 14-100". You would probably have to file the report in the jurisdiction where the subject of your anger lives, as that is where the crime occurred. False Pretense is a felony, and will be investigated. The only problem may be, the district attorney in that jurisdiction may tell the police that you all entered into a contract with this guy, and that he violated the contract. The police might then refer you to small claims court. For small claims court you would probably have to go to the Civil Clerk of Court in the county this guy resides in, and file a small claims lawsuit against him. They will serve him with notice of the suit, and he will be required to appear in Magistrate Court, and both sides will state their cases....(bring cancelled checks, email copies, statement from dive shop you guys were supposed to go with).

BTW, government employee in NC.....Police Officer City of Wilmington....I was trying to keep this a secret, now I will really get flamed.

Hope this gets worked out, sounds like a mess.

I just sent in my payment using paypal!:wink:

fpsndiver:
I don't know where this guy you all are mad at lives, or what, but you can probably file a report for "Obtaining Property under False Pretenses NCGS 14-100". You would probably have to file the report in the jurisdiction where the subject of your anger lives, as that is where the crime occurred. False Pretense is a felony, and will be investigated. The only problem may be, the district attorney in that jurisdiction may tell the police that you all entered into a contract with this guy, and that he violated the contract. The police might then refer you to small claims court. For small claims court you would probably have to go to the Civil Clerk of Court in the county this guy resides in, and file a small claims lawsuit against him. They will serve him with notice of the suit, and he will be required to appear in Magistrate Court, and both sides will state their cases....(bring cancelled checks, email copies, statement from dive shop you guys were supposed to go with).

BTW, government employee in NC.....Police Officer City of Wilmington....I was trying to keep this a secret, now I will really get flamed.

Well, if being a police officer will get you flamed here, I'll be right along side you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom