Dan Yearout

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I am new to Scuba board but I thought the Scuba community should know that we lost a very great man. Dan Yearout was one of the best men I have known. He was an unbelievable Instructor and an even better friend. I am really choked up right now so I am just going to cut and paste the email I recieved from his Daughter.

"My dad asked me to email you all when the time came, and sadly for us all, today is the day. He passed away this morning around 10:30 am in the hospice unit at the Vancouver campus of the Portland VA. He was not alone, but surrounded by family for several days. We were all able to say our "good-byes" before he died. I apologize if this email goes to someone who does not know him personally, or is a business only relationship. I tried to weed out the email list as best as I could. I also apologize to anyone that I did not contact via email, that Dan would have wanted to receive one. Please feel free to contact any person that I may have missed. We are trying to make memorial service arrangements, but we know my dad knew people all over the world. He also said he wanted us to have a big blow out party for him to celebrate his life. (I would imagine the party would take place sometime in the near future. one to six months from now.) I think the immediate family would like to have a memorial service sometime early this week. Depending on your responses, I hope to have a date set by Monday morning in order for it to appear in the obituary. Thank you all for being a part of my dad's life, I am sure I don't have to tell you what a great person is has always been. He realized early on, before he ever became sick, that life is too short to sit behind a desk. He had the guts to what he dreamed. No regrets, except that it ended too soon. You are allowed to feel sad for a little while, but please celebrate him afterwards. Sincerely,Angela Yearout Richardson"

I met Dan in St. Croix. We arrived on the island the same day and had an immediate friendship. I was a new Instructor 3 years ago and I learned how to teach from him. He will be missed! I wish I could say more but I am unable to express myself at this time.

I love you Dan,

Bryan Lutz

and one of the few people I have ever known to live life to its fullest. When he got sick, he took stock of his life, got rid of all his worldly possessions except for a collection of his children's artwork, cards and memorabilia from over the years and hit the road to dive the world. He had 2 knapsacks I believe and his dive gear. I know he wasn't afraid of death, just afraid of the pain that his children would experience when he did leave us. My condolences to his family and friends at the loss of this wonderful man. We should all strive to live as Dan lived....to the fullest.

he was one of the most important people in my life, my life change so much because of him, he bring me into diving, and that has been one of the more wonderful things somebody ever have done for me. He certainly knew how to get the most of life, being around him was always a learnig experience on how to enjoy life...

from all your friends from Cozumel, Adios Dan, Gracias por compartir con nosotros!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom