Dancing With The Airlines...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wouldn't be so confident.. if ANY airline can screw things up US Airways is the one to do it. They have the worst percentages in just about any category of performance you look at.. and these two totally worthless airlines are trying to merge. USScareways is based in Phoenix and I know them well, that is why I refuse to ever fly them again.. ever.. even if the flight would be totally free.

If they were the only airline left I would walk.. I will never ever ever fly with them again. Had to drive the son to Fort Gordon last Jan.. fly home to st pete...
he leaves me at the Augusta airport... only to discover that yet again this particular flight had been canceled for the 4th day in a row. NO reason given.. this time ALL the ppl trying to get to charlotte for other flights raised hel. USairways got a van and drove us all to charlotte to catch our flights. I was stuck in a van for three hours with 3 smokers, someone with the the nastiest perfume ever, a driver who chattered nonstop and me with the flu. I truly hope I gave it all of them. Drive dutifully drove 5 miles under the speed limit despite me telling her that the mileage from Augusta to Charlotte at her speed would be put us into Charlotte 30 min after my flight left and I had every intention of crawling into my bed and dying that night.. not a hotel room. We made the turn north around Columbia or something.. and she realized I was right.. she managed to make it to the airport with 30 min before my flight left.. I have never been so glad to not have luggage and be able to skate on my "handicap" status to get thru TSA... I barely made my flight...

To give a simple example, go online and try to find a phone number for US Airways Customer Service. Go ahead, I dare you to try to find one. Even call the corporate headquarters in Phoenix and ask for Customer Service. What, no 800 number, no problem I will pay for the call, what.. no toll number either !! None. The only way to contact them is to send a letter to them via U.S. Mail (they actually state this on their web site) or email, which, I can attest, they will never answer.

Yep they tried that crap with me.. and I refused to write, told them I was disabled and could not write.. being a persistant b**ch pays off sometimes.. I ended up with two vouchers for my flight. Unfortunately I had to use them on the same airline.. sigh... Next time I will hitchhike, I am sure it will be less hassle.

Oh, a couple more things. Be sure to take your credit card if you do fly US Airways cause they will charge you for absolutely everything.. and I mean everything. Nothing is free or complimentary, they might even be charging for the air you breath by now.. :shakehead:

Sure their name isn't Spirit Air... trip to Domincan Republic last Thanksgiving was nickle and dimed to death..thank god I only took a backpack no purse even.. they still wanted $25 for my backpack. Another crappy airline.. I almost took a boat delivery back stateside to avoid flying back with Spirit. :depressed:

---------- Post added May 19th, 2012 at 02:55 AM ----------

I took your dare, went to usairways.com and clicked on Contact Us to reveal a host of 800 numbers. It took all of 5 seconds to prove you wrong. You can try it too:

yep, numbers easy to find.... but try complaining via the phone.. they absolutely refuse to talk to you on the phone. Email us.. hel no, talk to me.. get me your supervisor, I ended up calling the presidents office and speaking to his exec assistant who had someone call me and we civilly discussed my problem.. somehow she gave me two vouchers for $250 each. Had I caved and emailed I seriously doubt I would have gotten any refund for that hideous van ride that was not 45 min plane ride with a 2 hr layover.

Since our society is trending toward wealth redistribution all short people should be required to pay for my first class seat :D

Statistically, tall people make more money. Maybe tall people should buy first class tickets for short people :) Keep up that politically progressive chatter and us shorties will reach straight out and slap you tall folks in the kneecaps!

If the tall folks want to sit next to me in my 1st class seat, so be it. They can, if they pay for my upgrade why should I care?

Performed by Randy Newman

Short people got no reason
To live

They got little hands
Little eyes
They walk around
Tellin' great big lies
They got little noses
And tiny little teeth
They wear platform shoes
On their nasty little feet

Well, I don't want no short people
Don't want no short people
`Round here

Short people are just the same
As you and I
(A fool such as I)
All men are brothers
Until the day they die
(It's a wonderful world)

Short people got nobody
Short people got nobody
Short people got nobody
To love

They got little baby legs
That stand so low
You got to pick em up
Just to say hello
They got little cars
That go beep, beep, beep
They got little voices
Goin' peep, peep, peep
They got grubby little fingers
And dirty little minds
They're gonna get you every time
Well, I don't want no short people
'Round here

I guess the airline results can be inconsistent. Recently my daughter and family flew from PDX<->CHS on US Airways. She said they were the nicest airline she has flown with but that might be because she has the cutest kids on earth. On the other hand, my brother's flight was cancelled in CHS and they only gave him a $150 voucher which I doubt he will ever use. He had to pay for a rental and drive to CLT so he could get home.

So far I'm OK with AA. I have not heard yet from Dandy Don about the frequent flyer ticket that he has extra. :)

Last edited:
What a debacle says I! :wink: Hope the trip goes smoother than the check-in? Really makes me hate flying! It's not for the 'flying' part, it's for dealing with the freakin' airline employees! :bash:

Back
Top Bottom