Dangerous Darwin award nominees or fearless Inovators?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Those kids deserve a lot of credit for their ingenuity and then putting it to work.

The comments were a good laugh. Where did the Argon and getting bent at 10’ come into play?

You can’t see a lot from the video but it’s not hard to pump up a garden sprayer to 80+ pounds. The regulator appears to be nothing more than a vinyl hose from the sprayer to the mouth piece with an inline, one way gas bulb in the middle he squeezes to move the air.

I’d like to see some more on it. That would have been very high tech a hundred + years ago. :D

Gary D.

Something about how somebody's instructor grabbed an argon bottle by accident in a pool or something and drown, or nearly drown.:shakehead:

Ahh, here is the quote:

Impressive but seriously guys , you need to get some real training. I'm not putting down your acheivements but you can run into trouble FAST underwater - even in a pool. Experienced divers have died in pools due to over confidence, i.e one instructor grabbed a bottle of argon instead of air- he drowned in the shallow end before he knew anything about it.
No wonder so many people are down on OWSI lately...

First time I saw a longhose and a snorkel on 1 person :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

I am truly jealous that I wasn't that creative when I was their age. All I did at their age was try to blow up things.

I am truly jealous that I wasn't that creative when I was their age. All I did at their age was try to blow up things.

So I'm *not* the only one. :D

I think making thermite from rusty nails, and potassium nitrate from garden soil requires some fairly significant ingenuity! :rofl3:

Absolute genius, when does he start building the rebreather.

Absolute genius, when does he start building the rebreather.

I met an 8th grader who built a rebreather for his science project. I swear. The young man was a very, very good diver too.

Those kids would kick a$$ in "junkyard wars." I never knew MacGyver had children.

Back
Top Bottom