Dangerous divers, redux

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Until i went to the caribbean i had never been on a dm led dive. I woukd never blame a dm for the skills of other divers. The way i see it is the dm is there to show you stuff you woukd not nornally see and enhance your experiance not babysit.

I have seen good divers look like **** underwater. A work mate with 200 warm water dives came diving woth me over the winter and was first time in a 7mm wetsuit and hood and gloves and first time in a drysuit. For someone i know has good bc and trim his hands were all over the place he was bouncing around and took him 2 dives to settle down.

I have my buddy i will look after her with my life. Anyone else unless they endanger my life i will leave alone and let them do their thing. They may have **** bouyancy and may be flapping about like a fish out of water but aslong as they dont put my buddys life in danger crack on

Generally, while submerged, my first inclination is to grin, signal to my wife and remember my early dive days. Most likely, I wouldn't offer and advice to someone "sculling" unless requested.

If someone has control issues, we swim away from them...maybe give the DM the keep an eye on them signal.

I try to not be the dive nazi that ruins someone's dive or worse their perception of the dive community or some other reflection of me and mine.

FWIW, the original post came off as "snarky" and "I'm a better diver" as opposed to "heart of a teacher".

Generally, while submerged, my first inclination is to grin, signal to my wife and remember my early dive days. Most likely, I wouldn't offer and advice to someone "sculling" unless requested.

If someone has control issues, we swim away from them...maybe give the DM the keep an eye on them signal.

I try to not be the dive nazi that ruins someone's dive or worse their perception of the dive community or some other reflection of me and mine.

FWIW, the original post came off as "snarky" and "I'm a better diver" as opposed to "heart of a teacher".

Agree 100%.

I can't wait till I have less than a 100 dives and can come in here and critique other divers who I see diving.....:shakehead::rant::vomit:

*******MOD POST*******

It's Basic folks. Remember that special rules apply. Yes, the OP should have kept his question to something along the lines of "If you see something, do you say something?" but he didn't. That doesn't give everyone else permission to violate the terms of the forum.

I think this thread has run it's course, consider the question answered.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Thread clean up done and thread reopened. It's OK to disagree with someone in the Basic Forum. It's not OK to be rude about it. Marg, SB Senior Mod

The swimming activity of the arms is dangerous to anyone within arms reach and not knowing he is there.

Situational awareness is every diver's individual responsibility.

Back
Top Bottom