Dania Beach pier and John Lloyd park viz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

floridanewbe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Ok diving is just not meant to be so far today. Dania beach has red flag warning. Yellow in Lauderdale so we are heading back. Spoke to another husband/wife duo they said zero viz choppy as can be. Guess it is Corona time. 6/25 1:30 pm

Viz is crap. This weekend looks like a no go, the tropical weather system is going to stir things up. It's almost time to head across the street to Jimbos sand bar for a cold one.

From pepper park to dania beach was bad viz. Heading home for cocktails. FYI heard someone died today in surf off LBTS. Don' know if true but we headed back that way from Dania and had a swim. Waves up to 8 ft and good rip currents. Will try again next Thurs. If anyone has conditions later next week please let me know.

Man. If anyone got some Diving in today, please give us a report
I wanna go outta pompano on Sunday.

Damn, sorry it sucked for you. I have beach dives planned for Sat night/Sun morning but I think I'll be home instead. Darn it. Hey next Friday I'm diving BHB before noon, want to join me?

I was out with Enzo this morning (Scubatyme). We did the Ancient Mariner and Lighthouse Ledge. The surface was a little choppy: 2-4's with a 6 thrown in now & then but I've dove in worse. Current at depth was slightly north but almost nil. Didn't interfere with taking pictures or stopping to look at something. Viz crappy - maybe 25-30 ft with lots of particulate. Typical day! He said he is doing a night dive tonight.
Capt Dave said tomorrow's forecast looks better than today.

I will stay tuned for additional reports.
TY
Chug
Yabba-dabba-doo

Hmm, sounds like tomorrow could be good for a boat dive but maybe not a beach dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom