Darn you, Spectre! + Anyone for diving 9/7?

Anyone for diving 9/7?

• Yes, in the morning

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Yes, in the afternoon

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Yes, at night

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phaedrus

Registered
Reaction score
I'll be up in Maine 9/6 through 9/14. I'd like to dive Saturday 9/7 if possible. Maybe Captain Rob has an opening that day?

Someone in the Isle of Shoals thread - I think it was Spectre - mentioned that afternoon trips are more likely to have seal dives as part of the itinerary. That sounds kinda neat. Still, though, I'd rather find out interest. I can always do the regular Wednesday night trip that he has, too, if this falls through.

(I would've gone on the trip that Spectre set up, but noooo, he had to pick 9/15. I fart in your general direction! :blahblah: :wink:)

Oh yeah, two more things:
1) If we did do this, I'd run it like Spectre's running his trip. If you sign up, you're on the hook for your fee, unless an alternate is found.
2) I don't even know yet whether Captain Rob will have any open slots that day. From the way Spectre's been talking, though, Captain Rob seems to be open that whole weekend.

I have to throw on the ol' preacher hat for a wedding that weekend. Some friends of mine are getting hitched, and want me to do the ceremony.

raxafarian once bubbled...
Let me know if Capt. rob has room.
I just called him, and he is completely open that day. He said that a charter would cost $60 p.p., and that at least two people need to commit.
can you drive to Cape Ann (Gloucester, MA) area?
Sure! Let's see what happens with the boat, though.

Phaedrus once bubbled...
(I would've gone on the trip that Spectre set up, but noooo, he had to pick 9/15. I fart in your general direction! :blahblah: :wink:)

*chuckle* Hey... I liked the weekend of the 7th better... but _nooooo_ Silvia had to play preacher that weekend!

I've got to do some checking, but I might be interested. Don't bother holding a spot for me until I come back and say so...

Yea, what he has on his website is basically for typical walk ons and scheduled runs. If the boat was open, then your getting the full choice [the way it generally works around here is the first person to sign up gets the choice].

Regarding the seal dive thing. The _dives_ can be seal dives, they can be whatever you choose. The deal with the afternoon trip was that there is no rush to get back to the dock, so there is the possibility of doing some snorkeling [about 20minutes he said] in addition to the two dives.

Given the speed that the first one filled up, I'm guessing you won't have a problem. I've got two on the waiting list for 9/15, Rick L [but I think it was because he might have to work] and NHreefer wanted in as well.

It might be cool to offer them a couple of spots so they get to go if they can't get on 9/15.

change my 90% to 100%.
Great!
Afternoon trip?
Sure!

News flash: I called Capt. Rob today, and he says that two people from Manhattan are already booked for that afternoon. It looks like they have the same plan as we do, in that they're going to the Isle of Shoals, and one of the dives will be a seal dive. Anyone from here? :)

I've signed up raxafarian and myself, with his wife as a possible. Anyone else who's interested in going, please call Capt. Rob at 603-926-9350. raxafarian, please let me know whether Mrs. raxafarian becomes a definite.

C U there!

Back
Top Bottom