Date and Time for each Dive.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AquaBob

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
For several years I've been happy with a cheap Ironman as a dive watch. I haven't had a regular buddy, and have only done a limited amount of diving so this has worked fine. A few weeks ago my wife and son got certified and are keen to dive. Sooo..... now I'm looking for a computer (or more likely three). Since I like to log the date and time of each dive in my log book, I looking for a computer that will give us all the basic functions plus display the date and time of each dive.

For their open water dives, I borrowed on computer from my wife and son's instructor that displayed the date and time of each of the recorded dives. Since I hadn't used a computer before, I didn't think that was too special, and thought that most if not all computers would record d/t as well. Naturally... i didn't bother to note the brand or model of the computer -- it was several years old and is probably no longer in production.

Later, I borrowed an Oceanic data plus from a friend for a weekend. I was surprised that it didn't display the date and time of each dive. Not that it's a huge problem, but it's kind of a PITA to have to have to calculate the times after the fact.

I don't have the luxury of several LDS's with multiple computers to play with.... the closest LDS is about 1 1/2hours away and they only have limited stock.

Please suggest computers that display the date and time of each dive and/or SI.

Thanks.

Right off the top of my head, I think most of the newer Suuntos display date/time. Uwatecs don't display it, but keep it when the dives are downloaded to a PC.
If you have a specific brand in mind, go to their website and check the different models. Most of the websites are very comprehensive in information available.

Also, IMO, having date/time would be low on the list of why I bought a particular computer.

MD

MD: It's low on my list as well... but since a computer is not a necessity, but rather a convenience, I figure it should be, ...well... convenient.

Thanks for the info.

Suunto Vyper, Cobra, and Vytecs should have the date and time for all dives ever done on the computers. They're downloadable via an optional interface to your pc.

wlo93 once bubbled...
Suunto Vyper, Cobra, and Vytecs should have the date and time for all dives ever done on the computers. They're downloadable via an optional interface to your pc.

Additionally, you can see date and time when you list dives in computer itself.

Back
Top Bottom