Dating My Daughter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I was living at home (Southern California) and dating, my Dad would always show my boyfriends his big gun collection. His hobby was to intimidate the young men that came to our house. (He was really good at this particular hobby. He was a redneck from Louisiana and just a man's man...the John Wayne type) When I would ask him to stop, he would just giggle.

He would say, that he wouldn't let these young men take out his truck, yet he was supposed to trust the most valuable item he has ever had to them...

Boy, I sure miss him!

Nothing wrong with being a redneck or hillbilly. Need to be careful of them though big families and they know how to shoot :11: . Unlike, city people who point and spray. LOL

DMP:
Nothing wrong with being a redneck or hillbilly. Need to be careful of them though big families and they know how to shoot :11: . Unlike, city people who point and spray. LOL

LOL! You are so right! While some of my other friends were just hanging out, my Dad would take us out, teach us how to handle a gun, hit what we were aiming at, care for the gun and the responsibilities that came with it, and in my brother's case hunt (I never wanted to learn to hunt). We used to love going back to Louisiana as kids, it was like summer camp. Farm animals, woods, and just running loose.

00scuba:
My Dad was an MP and a Cop for 30 years...and in the FBI.....he would be cleaning his guns when I had a date picking me up.

I wonder why I am single......lol

Great minds think alike. I have told my girls (all 5 of them) that the first time they bring a boy home, I'll not say anything. I'll just sit in my chair cleaning my rifle.

And the older ones believed me!

shark.byte.usa:
Good info, no guns at home, but by then maybe a speargun for looks. My daughter is 10 now (see her in my profile pic), I just like to live in denial at this point, that she's never gonna date. :D
Oh you're gonna need a much bigger dog and a whole lot of guns!!!!
She's beautiful.:)

DMP:
Rule Nine: Do not lie to me. I may appear to be a pot-bellied, balding, middle-aged, dim-witted has-been. But on issues relating to my daughter, I am the all-knowing, merciless god of your universe. If I ask you where you are going and with whom, you have one chance to tell me the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I have a shotgun, a shovel, and five acres behind the house. Do not trifle with me.

Rule Ten: Be afraid. Be very afraid. It takes very little for me to mistake the sound of your car in the driveway for a chopper coming in over a rice paddy outside of Hanoi. When my Agent Orange starts acting up, the voices in my head frequently tell me to clean the guns as I wait for you to bring my daughter home. As soon as you pull into the driveway you should exit your car with both hands in plain sight, speak the perimeter password, announce in a clear voice that you have brought my daughter home safely and early, then return to your car. There is no need for you to come inside. The camouflaged face at the window is mine.

LOL, Oh man!! These last two are great, five acres....and the perimeter password aka "challenge and password" I could just imagine being in a gillie suit and jumping out of a tree in front of some poor fool dating my daughter!!LOL.

tainosoldier:
LOL, Oh man!! These last two are great, five acres....and the perimeter password aka "challenge and password" I could just imagine being in a gillie suit and jumping out of a tree in front of some poor fool dating my daughter!!LOL.
Wasn't that why gillies were invented? Snipers just found another role for them!

Going to email a friend of mine, he's got a spare in the closet that we used to use deer hunting. Not that I need it, it needs PMCS'd for future use.

Back
Top Bottom