Day of the week for Isla Muejeres Whale Shark trip?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great post Dan - and I think the points you make are definitely worth mentioning!

And even though it may APPEAR that these graceful creatures are moving slow - they aren't! Well, they are moving slow for them, but an average human has to kick 25 - 30 times to a whale sharks one swoosh of their tail! It is an exhausting but worthwhile day!

As far as visibility - the water and visibility IS much clearer and BLUE off of Isla Mujeres vs. Holbox. I don't make the trip to Holbox anymore and prefer to do the trip from Isla/Cancun!

East side swamped...?? :confused:

Just meaning we like hitting the East side after diving most days but avoid it on Sundays due to the crowds. Thus looking for another activity.

I've done this excursion before via Holbox so am well aware of what it entails and the physical toll it takes. We'll be doing it via Isla this time so looking forward to that clearer water!

Looks like my cruise ship concerns were unfounded which is great.

Thanks for your help

We did the trip from Scuba Club last July. We did the taxi, ferry, van, van, ferry, taxi thing. We went out of Cancun to Isla Mujeres. There were about 75 whale sharks. I'm 69 years old, and one of the women divers was on the trip, and she is 74. The 74 year old only went in the water twice, I went in the water 6 times. It was a long day, but well worth it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom