Day Trip to Utila

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree, IMO not worth the time and expense and general jumping-through-hoops for a daytrip to Utila. (Getting to Utila can be a pain when you're going there for the week, never mind messing with a day trip.) Pick an island, do the other one next time. Or go for 2 weeks. :wink:

That is the conclusion we are coming to. We did two weeks last year on Roatan. 1 for this year, so it will have to wait until next year.

FWIW, if you have a day to spare, check out our friends at Aqua Adventures. They book a day trip to Pigeon Cay which is phenomenal. I had a group of divers, and the dropped us off on Morat Wall and let us drift to the end, where they were waiting to pick us up. Then they took us on to Pigeon Cay, a tiny "Giligan's Island" type place where they servced us fish, chicken, steak and YES...even lobster! It's a great outing and I would highly recommend it to anyone who is interested in exploring more of the Bay Islands territory :)

Back
Top Bottom