Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And, here's my last dive on Curacao. This is The Car Pile. The famous big pregnant stingray makes an appearance.

What a nice way to spend a dive vacation. Over the past 7 weeks, can you describe the changes in weather, viz, and sea conditions? I've been there in December and returning in a couple of days and staying for 2 weeks.

Any sites you'd recommend as a must-dive? I don't shore dive, and I'm boat diving with Go West Diving.

Thanks for any helpful tips.

What a nice way to spend a dive vacation. Over the past 7 weeks, can you describe the changes in weather, viz, and sea conditions? I've been there in December and returning in a couple of days and staying for 2 weeks.

Any sites you'd recommend as a must-dive? I don't shore dive, and I'm boat diving with Go West Diving.

Thanks for any helpful tips.
In December it's generally more wet than it is at this time of year, and that was definitely true over the last couple months! Can't remember the last time we had a rain shower during the day, so it's very sunny with a constant breeze. Visibility is generally 20-30m, with some variance around full moon :eek:) Water temp right now is 26*C/79*F.

I'm much more familiar with shore dive sites, and not sure which of those Go West visit. Watamula is my favorite boat dive out west!

If you don't shore dive then anywhere they take you is good. Watamula/Alvin's, and a trip South to snorkel in the Blu Room during the SI (whichever sites they do on that one) are the two you'll definitely want.

The Baitball is still here :)

IMG_20230214113615.JPG

My wife & I refer to it as the "bait train." The first time we encountered it was right at the mouth at Lagun. It was maybe 40 ft to the sand. This wall of fish, surface to sand, meandered by in front of us for several minutes. We could see the splashes where the birds we're feeding at the surface. It was a moment...:daydream:

Back
Top Bottom