DC1000 - can I attach my night diving light to the camera or strobe?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ewaiea

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I did a quick couple of searches for the following subject matter but came up with nothing, so forgive me if this question was asked before as I am sure its here somewhere....

I have a DC1000 Elite (1 strobe)....I am always fumbling with my pistol grip UK D8 light and my camera...I would love to have a way to attach a light to my DC1000 kit.

Do any of you have any suggestions? I'm leaving for Papua New Guinea (Peter Hughes Star Dancer) in 40 days, I'm trying to simplify my setup so I can hold my light and camera in one hand.

Any ideas out there that don't cost a fortune that might be adaptable for this kit? The UK D8 that I have weighs quite a bit and I'd rather not lug it along on this trip.

I've seen that photo already and it's pretty much the best connection I've seen but I have not seen a photo of it working with the DC1000....can you post a picture of what your camera kit looks like and a little bit on any draw backs? (since it looks like this is aimed a bit more at DSLRs).

Thanks!

I'm still setting my camera up, getting ready to purchase the focus light. I already mounted the hotshoe, which will allow me to add the light or a battery powered video light I seen for video. What I'm thinking and hoping is the focus light will also be light for my video.

Hey I also have a HID light by Niterider, that I'll use at night as well so I'll have hand free for my camera.

Just a note on the use of my focus light kits with SeaLife Cameras. While I appreciate the posts recommending my products, we don't support the use of the hotshoe ball adapter with SeaLife cameras.

The hotshoe mount of the SeaLife is sort of a rubberized plastic. Our testing with this camera showed that the ball mount adapter would slip off very easily, even when over-tightened. The reason is that the ball mount relies on an oring to compress and hold against metal. The plastic is too malleable and slick. We tried a couple of dives with it and found it just won't work.

I've gotten a couple of calls about this and wanted to clear it up.

Thanks,
Jack

Hey Jack just to let you know, I set the focus light on my DC1000 maxx. I recently returned from the Aqua Cat were i did 20 dives, with NO Problems. The focus light worked like a charm, although the mounting plate seemed week the focus light performed well mounted on top of my DC1000. Also my camera wasn't handled lightly and i had NO problems. I am going to try and make a mounting plate like Cooltech suggested if he's not able to make one for me!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom