DC1000/DC800 digital pro flash diffusers...anyone used them?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ewaiea

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just ordered a diffuser from diversmarket.com. I was not aware of a digital flash diffuser or whether it would help me but I have been having difficulty with overexposed pics. Has anyone used the diffuser listed in the link below? Can you give me a few tips on how and when to use it and when not to use it?

Sealife Digital Pro Flash Diffuser

Thanks all! I didn't see this product on the sealife website, how come?

I use the diffuser with the dc1000 and love the results

So do you always leave the entire flash covered? The DC1000 strobe diffuser has a window, under what conditions would you open the window? Would it be for wide angle photos where you are far away from your subject (outside 10-15 feet away) and you need maximum light? And therefore would you just leave the diffuser closed with it covering the whole flash the rest of the time?

Thanks for the input by the way!

Eric

So do you always leave the entire flash covered? The DC1000 strobe diffuser has a window, under what conditions would you open the window? Would it be for wide angle photos where you are far away from your subject (outside 10-15 feet away) and you need maximum light? And therefore would you just leave the diffuser closed with it covering the whole flash the rest of the time?

Thanks for the input by the way!

Eric

Since I have had the flash I have not opened it up maybe somebody on this forum with more experience will chime in also

I am currently working on a total redesign of our website and will add the diffuser to it. Thanks for the heads up.

Ewaiea, you mentioned you are having overexposure sometimes using the Digital Pro Flash, are you in Auto mode or Manual setting?

SealifeJoe,

I'm in external flash auto mode. Speaking of external flashes, the ext flash for the DC1000, how often does one need to replace the batteries. I'm planning on going on a liveaboard in just over 2 months time and need to know how many extra batteries to bring. I'll be doing 5 1/2 days of diving - up to 5 dives per day.

Eric

I don't know how it will work under water, but I have the poor man's diffuser for my DSLR made out of a cut-up milk carton. It does a great job at reducing the hot spot present with the undiffused flash. Not exactly ultra adjustable, but worth every penny!

Ken

Eric, When diving this weekend, make sure the power knob on the flash is all the way to the left. This will insure that it is in Auto Mode

SealifeJoe,

I'm in external flash auto mode. Speaking of external flashes, the ext flash for the DC1000, how often does one need to replace the batteries. I'm planning on going on a liveaboard in just over 2 months time and need to know how many extra batteries to bring. I'll be doing 5 1/2 days of diving - up to 5 dives per day.

Eric

Please consider rechargables. Most livaboards have areas for chargers, then you only need two sets: one for use and one being charged (include an extra camera battery in that mix). A lot of areas do not have recycling for batteries and they just end up in a landfill, or worse, in the water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom