DC1400 extras... what do I need to complete the package?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ulfhedinn

-Skill Collector-
Reaction score
Im looking to purchase a DC1400 14 Megapixel Underwater Camera Pro Duo Kit with L.E.D. Video Light and Digital Pro Flash for the little woman for our trip to St Martin and beyond. What else should I get for this?

I will be getting an extra battery and 2 8GB SDHC cards.

Do I need to get the SL 966 Buoyancy Control Weight?

Also how do I attach a leash to this? I dont see a hole or mount?

It was recommend to me get a AO Cooler Bag / Portable Rinse Tank - 36 pack for this setup. Seems like a good idea based on how it works? Anyone else recommend this?

I am thinking of attaching my Go pro to the bottom of camera mount to allow for recording while taking photos. Anyone else do this?

Anyone?

The kit comes with a carry bag and most dive operators have camera only rinse tanks on boat or at the dock/dive station. You might want a battery charger as I found it slow and sometimes had to charge the battery twice in the camera. I cut the plastic clip off mine and replaces it with a stainless steel bolt snap and use this to clip it to my bc and let it float up between my arm and body when not in use. I think I would get use to using the system before adding the "gopro". You will need to take a lot of photos before you find a method you like.

Extra memory cards are always a good idea.

No. I would suggest not weighting your camera. If you did happen to drop your camera in the water, your more likely to find it if it's neutral or slightly positive. If it's negative it's going to the bottom.

I have the DC800, and older version. On the lower right there is a small attachment point intended for a lanyard. I simply cave tied a large bolt snap to that. I clip the snap to a "D" ring on my can light (on my right side). With the video light and the strobe, it takes some practice to be able to deploy the long hose around it. But it's doable.

It will come with a soft case. I opted for the hard case which I do like alot. However, when I replace the DC800, I'll design my own hard case from a Pelican Box for the new camera.

As for rinsing; If you take the lights off the camera, it becomes much more compact and easy to rinse. If you leave them on, you will need a large rinse bucket. I have a very lagre rinse tank for my gear. So for me that's not a problem. An Igloo cooler will work for that.

The DC1400 should take video. Why would you need a second video camera? I think your adding too many things to your setup.

Good Luck.

K

The Gopro records in 1080P. The DC1400 records in 720P. By having both I can be video recording while snapping photos. Also the Gopro needs the DC1400's lights to really make the video shine. Bolt snap sounds like an excellent idea!

I do agree with you about learning to use the DC1400 before adding the GoPro to it.

I'd also look into getting some desiccants, a cloth coiled lanyard, a diffuser for the strobe, and an AO cooler bag. No need for the weight. Hope you get a chance to stop by the store sometime! - Scott

As I recall, you're looking to transition to Tech. right? Stay away from the coiled lanyard. A cave tied bolt snap is all you need. Keep it simple.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom