DC1400 - no sign of life

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GrayEdy

New
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
There is no sign of life in my DC1400.

I had hooked up the USB to the camera and it went straight to the PC/Charge screen an. When I connected it to the laptop to download some pictures the screen went dead and the lens stayed extended. I unhooked the cable and the PC/Charge screen re-appeared, but no other functions were available. I turned the camera on/off and removed the battery to try and reset it. I reinstalled the battery, and when I turned teh camera back on it went straight to the PC/Charge screen even though the cable was not in. I selected the Charge option and when I plugged the cable in, the screen disappeared, and the green on/off light went out. Next I left the camera in the PC camera mode to let the battery run down, hoping that the camera would reset. The battery drained but the lens is still extended and it won't charge back up.

Is there a RESET function on the camera, I couldn't find it mentioned in the manual.

Suggestions anyone?

Graham

Graham, I have several older model sealife cameras, they do exactly what your describing.
When this happens I have to reinstall the firmware from the tech site. Your camera is new,
I would check with your LDS, or where ever you purchased it, should still be under warranty.
Best of luck with it.
Darol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom