DC3 Yoke hose routing question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MooseInTheWater

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Let me apologize ahead of time if this turns out to be sheer stupidity on my part, and I will do the best I can to explain my issue, so please bear with me.

I bought 2 Hollis dc3/212 regulator sets, and when hooking up my octo, LP inflation hose, and computer hoses, I ran into a cumbersome issue. The Primary, which was hooked up when shipped, as well as the octo I added are routed just fine. Yet, when I hook up the high pressure line for the spg and the LP line for the inflator, it appears their connection to the first stage is reversed. The forward'ish facing port is usually the LP port for the inflator, which positions it to come over my shoulder. The other port, which angles to my side, is generally the HP port so my spg hose routes nicely under my left arm.

It appears that the SPG line plugs into the forward facing port only, and the LP hose so the port that angels it straight sideways. This obviously puts large kinks in the routing.

The only solution I have found is to turn the first stage upside and then put all the hoses in their respective places, and it seems to fix the problem. Except I am slightly OCD and prefer that everything function the way it should.

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Thanks for any ideas/feedback!

who says the diaphragm has to be on top? Keep in mind this first stage is really optimized for doubles and stage bottles where the port placement is quite good...

who says the diaphragm has to be on top? Keep in mind this first stage is really optimized for doubles and stage bottles where the port placement is quite good...

That would make sense. I realize the diaphragm
does not need to be on top, just seemed logical. The regulator sets both work fine with the first stage turned upside down, so no worries. More of an OCD thing on my part.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom