DCBuddy Computer Connection Error

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cert1967

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
"Computer Connection Error (Notification Timeout)

Connects, finds logs, starts download of first log and then fails with the error above

How do I correct?

iPad vt4.1 dive pal for ipad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iPad vt4.1 dive pal for ipad....
There was a bug in the divePAL parser for the VT4.1.
We have already fixed that bug in divePAL for iPhone 1.2.4
We have also fixed it in divePAL for iPad 1.6.13 and we have sent a new version to Apple for their review / approval. We expect them to approve / release it by the end of next week.

Meanwhile you could install divePAL for iPhone on your iPad or, if you are familiar with TestFlight, we could provide you a pre-released version of divePAL for iPad 1.6.13

Well, I'm disappointed. I purchased the product directly from your company and ideally I would have expected that you would have informed me about the "parser" issue.

As of this moment the product does not work and I am unhappy.

Color me not impressed by your company ethos.

....I would have expected that you would have informed me about the "parser" issue....
The "parser" is a portion of software in the divePAL app. Bugs happens.

....As of this moment the product does not work and I am unhappy..
DCbuddy works fine. The issue is in the divePAL app. That we have now fixed.
As mentioned in my previous post we have already fixed the parser issue in divePAL for iPhone.
Additionally we just released divePAL for iPad 1.6.13 that fixes that issue too.

Second trip of the year and it does not work.

Very frustrating

After the last failure I sent the unit and my computer to DN and received a new unit.

Here we are in the Turks and the error is "check version retries exceeded", a connection failure

Emailed DN and with no reply to my first email a second was sent last night

You can't depend on this product to work correctly

My opinion is that it is a nice toy - not something you can count on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,
there is something weird going on here.

We tested DCbuddy with your VT4s at our office and everything was working fine.

When are you trying to download data from your VT4s are the dive computers wet / humid?
If the contacts in the VT4 data port are wet, the overall impedance of the cable/connection could change substantially and create connections problems.

Back
Top Bottom