DCS - 2 months later???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fair enough, but do "mild" DCS symptoms, if left untreated, eventually go away?
I think the bubbles would leave in short time; any residual effects would depend on the injuries sustained.

Do you have symptoms?

I think the bubbles would leave in short time; any residual effects would depend on the injuries sustained.

Do you have symptoms?

No; I asked both on the boat and in here about my numb (for about 2 hours) index finger after a long and deep dive at Punta Sur Cathedral, and unanimously the opinion was that it wasn't a DCS event. That, however led me to wonder what if someone did take a minor hit and either did not recognize or acknowledge the symptom(s), and got no treatment, what would happen in the medium to long term.

Hi ggunn:

A mild (pain only DCS) Hit would go away. A mild (if one would call it that ) Neurological DCS hit might not. That is why numbness, muscle weakness, tingling should not be dismissed. These show involvement of nerves that are damaged - and could die.

Hi Gordon,

Ditto what DrDeco has stated.

It should be noted that while the signs and symptoms of mild neurological DCS also often resolve spontaneously, the potential consequences of such a hit can be far reaching and permanent. Therefore, immediately starting on 100% 02 and seeking prompt evaluation at a hyperbaric facility are indicated.

Regards,

DocVikingo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom