DCS hit during final stop? Has it ever happened?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is no such thing as VPM-B with GF.

You say you use GF. What do you use? The differences are night and day.

When were the GFs you use "proven"?
I may have to look at my Multi deco software. I think VPM-B had GF or numbers.
Buhlmann proved them for me. And so did Assistant Professor Mitchell. I came to the conclusion that I stay conservative without being a nuisance to other Technical divers. GF40/70 gives me a few minutes more decompression time.
PS. Don't forget to like!

The other difficulty is trying to convince Mexican Technical divers about deep stops being irrelevant. They argue that they have never been bent.
What on earth are you talking about?

The other difficulty is trying to convince Mexican Technical divers about deep stops being irrelevant. They argue that they have never been bent.
Dr Pyle has confirmed that deep stops and Pyle stops aren't the same. He also cautions others on taking his advice. The mind of a genius.
I'm sure he understands the theory behind the saying: a degree is a declaration of insanity.

Common sense approach. The Solution Is Simple Safe Effective.
You’re making unsubstantiated comments about Mexican technical divers while going on about models you clearly don’t understand, as @boulderjohn hinted at when you began mixing GF and VPM.

You’re making unsubstantiated comments about Mexican technical divers while going on about models you clearly don’t understand, as @boulderjohn hinted at when you began mixing GF and VPM.
The mind can be overloaded at times. I don't use VPM-B but I have matched my dive plan against theirs. An unsubstantiated comment could not be substantiated unless I was there.

I checked my MultiDeco software and it does include VPM-B + GFS.

Anymore queries?

Well, you are not the person I was asking, but I will respond to you.

1. Are you saying that we should use Haldanes "proven" decompression tables and disregard all the work done afterwards?
2. Wait a minute! DSAT and DCIEM do not agree with each other, and neither one agrees with Haldane. So how can they all be "proven"?
3. What are the unproven ones that should be ignored?

1. Haldanes tables were tested using goats. His tables were the basis for modified/improved tables and formulas used now.

2. DSAT and DCIEM are very different, but both were developed doing doppler studies on divers.

3. Unproven are a lot of different gradient factor modifications and dive computer proprietary modifications that were never tested but should not be ignored without further testing. We just don't know which ones are better or worse yet.

Back
Top Bottom