Dear Instructors and Dive Professionals:

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Natasha

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hello Instructors and Dive Professionals,

ScubaBoard has a new & private forum specifically for you!

This IS a place for speaking your mind
*about what you are doing right
*about problems you may encounter in your classes
*about advice (both getting and giving)
*about diving issues affecting board members
*about industry issues affecting us as dive professionals

So far over 1000 instructors and industry professionals have joined this forum to learn, share and discuss with others.

To learn more please see Introducing our new Instructor to Instructor Forum... - ScubaBoard.

To request access to this forum, simply go to Group Memberships and apply for the appropriate User Group, one at a time. We validate all requests to insure I2I users are indeed who they say they are so please give us a little time to process your request!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sad.
All the most experienced folks are gonna leave us:(

bmuise once bubbled...
I'm sad.
All the most experienced folks are gonna leave us:(
Take heart, it's just a new forum, not a different board. :)

even more instructors to Scubaboard! Which will be great for us all! :tease:

go ahead and just TRY to hide from me, all I have left to do is a couple more of my practicals and I will be there with you!!:royal:

is this "Agency/Level/ID number" added due to this new forum or so we have a place to share dive ed background ?

Not being an instructor, and now having it made evident that there are things instructors hide from potential students, I'll be more wary. :)

Its a shame that a frank discussion about techniques, etc., can't happen in the open. Just give read-only privs to anyone who isn't an instructor.

scubasean once bubbled...
Not being an instructor, and now having it made evident that there are things instructors hide from potential students, I'll be more wary. :)

Its a shame that a frank discussion about techniques, etc., can't happen in the open. Just give read-only privs to anyone who isn't an instructor.

A while back there was a long discussion about how a thread like this should be set up. Every one was able to give input and then the folks who run the board figured out how it would be done.

There have been many threads discussing training issues in the public forums and I'm certain they will continue.

I don't think it's so much a matter of hiding anything as it is preventing something from being misunderstood. There certainly are things that instructors discuss that they would never discuss in front of a potential student. I don't think that's any different than any other profession.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom